Printed flyers are still one of the best ways to market your product and business today. For the most part, printed materials are easy to carry and pass around. Commercial printing companies are also easy to find, and if you look in the right places, you can score printers that are inexpensive, so you can print out your flyers at nominal costs.
This is not to say that you should use flyers alone. You can mix and match your marketing strategies with printed advertising, and online tools. Its up to you how to make them complement each other. Whats important is that you clearly communicate your message to your target market.
1. Keep the flyer simple. If you can make the flyer streamlined, all the better. Make it pass the 3-second test. Meaning that, within three seconds, the potential client should know what your company is about, and should have been encouraged to try your product. Remove any element that could distract your client away from your message, and call-to-action.
2. Think of your clients. Its important that you keep your clients in mind as you create your flyers. Buyers have different personas, so it will be best to not generalize them. Know your customers, as their characteristics will help you decide what to include, or not include, in your flyers.
3. Include a call-to-action. This is your message to the customers to purchase your product or service. Make this very clear to customers, because if they fail to see the call-to-action, youve defeated the very purpose of your flyer.
4. Dont include too much text. Doing so makes the flyer look cluttered and disorganized. If you have a lot to say, say it in a concise manner, and include a call-to-action as strongly as possible.
5. Key in the details. You cant be wordy in the flyer, but you nevertheless have to talk about the details of your product, as this is what potential clients will be mostly interested in hearing about. Think of interesting facts about your product.
For instance, a Did You Know segment is a nice addition to an overly simple flyer. You can also include your contact details and website address, which customers can check out when they have the time.
6. Use high quality paper. The choice of paper matters. High quality paper makes your flyer look professional. If you use cheap material, it will seem like youre not serious about investing in your marketing tools.
7. Add a photo. One picture can balance out your flyer, lest it become text heavy. Use the best photos available, instead of pixelated ones. It may cost you more, especially if youre printing in color, but it will make a good impression on your potential clients.
Marketing with printed flyers is easy if you stick to the rules. Always check the text before handing them out to your clients. If they dont pass your standards, then you need to fix any issues before handing then out to your potential customers.